silkie breeders

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nickrex98, Oct 5, 2011.

1. nickrex98

nickrex98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    georgia
    looking for two silkie hens around the age of 8 weeks and is purebred show quality and i will pick up from local breeder or ill take the risk of shipping them if i have too

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I will have buff hens available next spring. They are too small to sex at the moment. You need to be aware that most show quality silkies are slow to develop. They can often be 6-8 months old before you are 100% certain of gender.

3. EM Squared Farms 2

EM Squared Farms 2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    FL
    I'll have black and splash silkies hatching in a month or two. The silkies can be very tough to sex. Usually you can't tell until they are 6 weeks +. You can never guarantee until they lay or crow.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

You need to be aware that most show quality silkies are slow to develop. They can often be 6-8 months old before you are 100% certain of gender.

Ditto.

Also, at that age you have no idea if the bird will be show worthy or not. There is no such thing as a show quality chick. Chicks from show stock, okay, but not a show quality chick.
    The only real thing you can look for is correct comb and # of toes.

Good Luck in your search!!! [​IMG]

What color? I have two whites, 99.9% certain they are girls but not guaranteeing that. Have all the correct stuff. Hatched in Mid-Late July. So around 8 weeks or so. Im listing them on bidbird. Auction opens tonight at 9pm. http://bidbird.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1002501385

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yup. What Sundown said.

6. nickrex98

nickrex98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    georgia
    well it does not have to be sexed im just trying to find a breeder

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by