SILKIE BREEDING HELP!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ThatsCluckedup, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ThatsCluckedup

ThatsCluckedup Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2012
    North Carolina
    i was planning of purchasing a few silkies possible in the next month or two and i was trying to figure out what colors i should get. i love the partridge color but i wanted to have an assortment of colors when the eggs hatched. what color(s) should i get inorder to have a colorful flock of silkies after they hatch?? i herd if you bred different colored bantams then the offspring will be a different arrangement of colors too... does this include silkies...or anyother breeds if not all??.

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    If you're breeding for show quality, then you will have to keep the colors separate, except for the Blue/Black/Splash.

If you are breeding for yourself to have a colorful group of pets, you can keep them all together.

I mention this because if you're buying eggs, you may not get enough hens or roosters of one particular color for breeding if you're buying an assortment of colors.

If you like the Partridge color, you may want to just get some of those and maybe some Black Silkies as well to keep it simple.

[​IMG]

3. ThatsCluckedup

ThatsCluckedup Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2012
    North Carolina

thank you this helps me so much! :)) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by