silkie broken leg or joint problum

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mama dixie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    sorry to have to post a new one but could not find old thread, I hit my writst and could not type for a day. My silkie has had a bad joint, knee joint, and at first it was hot and swollen I did antibiotics after worming and such. this has been going on for aprx three weeks. it is in isolation I just moved it to a bigger box and now it has one leg and sticks out from under it at this really weird angle, i took pictures and I am still trying to post them. tech challend you know. the silkie now shakes that leg like crazy, I think it looks like it is doing exersizes and tries to get it to work so I think it can feel it, it still can not walk with it and it falls forward alot. the joint is not longer swollen or hot and I am just at my wits end. can anyone help trouble shoot this. and if you know how to post pictures that would be a great help as well.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Here is a link to your other thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=562615

To
    find your threads or posts, click on your user name "mama dixie" on the left in your post, or click on "profile" in the blue bar at the top of the page. Scroll down and you can click on all your topics or all your posts.

3. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    thank you so much I have lots to learn about this computer thing as well as chickens need a web site for that :O

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by