1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SILKIE, Bubbly Eyes, yawning, very tired and lame

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SilkieCRZYness, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    I have a silkie about 5-6 weeks old, her eyes had a bunch of really small white bubbles in it today, she was scratching and rubbing her eye on her back. She sometimes closes it and still pecks the ground with her eyes closed. Both are very watery, no nasal discharge. She Seems tired like does not run around just kind of stays in one spot. She also opens her mouth like shes trying to swallow something but theres nothing to swallow. Like if the doc told you to open wide then shut thats what it looks like. I seperated her, and another who i think is starting to get it, but isnt as bad just seems very tired and closes her eyes alot to. I cant get any pics up tonight but hopefully someone has heard of such a thing and can tell me some ideas of what it is. Also im far from a feed store so if theres something i can get from the food store let me know. Im buying apple cider to add to there water and giving them some yogurt tom. Any other ideas?

BTW, i just looked and they seem fine right now, i kind of comes in spurts, she doesnt have anymore bubbles in her eyes but closes them still and seems tired, like her head kind of falls until she opens her eyes and lifts up her head. then does it again. idk

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    do you give vitamins to your silky? they do get vitamin definciencies - a couple drops of poly vi sol baby vitamins- its a liquid and put a couple drops on her beak- that might help- i know others will have more specifics, but i would start there.

3. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    I do not currently, but i will look into it. ALSO.... whats the chances it could be from the pine pellets im using for bedding. Could that cause this kind of reaction? just an idea. thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by