Silkie cant walk on one leg, fine a few hours before? advice needed

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lettie92, Oct 12, 2014.

1. lettie92

lettie92 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2014
    kent
    Hi i have a silkie whos about 4 months old, she cant walk on one leg, a few hours before she was running around as normal with the others when i gave them a few treats but now she cannot walk on one leg, the others are fine. She does try to but fails to stand up and go forward she just spins around on the floor. The legs not stiff and moves freely and i dont think that shes in pain as when i move it by hand she does not make noise or seem stressed. What can this be that has come on so sudden, has she hurt herself? or is it something more sinister?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

2. btruegs

btruegs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014
    Spokane WA
    one of my friends bantams did that recently. Turns out, the leg was broken. after a week or so, she was back to normal.

3. lettie92

Jun 23, 2014
    kent
    Thanks i also thought that at first but she does not seem to fuss when moving it, i thought she would kick about if it was in pain. i have given her a warm bath to help try to loosen it up but does not seem to have made a difference as of yet, i am uploading a video to youtube which i will post shortly

4. lettie92

Jun 23, 2014
    kent
  5. lettie92

Jun 23, 2014
    kent
    [​IMG]

6. btruegs

btruegs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014