Silkie chick color???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jossanne, Sep 14, 2009.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    This baby hatched from an egg from cjexotic's b/b/s pen. I think she's got a new roo who's making some different looking babies. See here . So is this baby looking splash? Or lavender? Or what? He/she hatched September 3. Whatever it is, it's really going to be beautiful!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

i cant wait to see her/him fully feathered!! What a cutie [​IMG]

3. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Looks like a splash.

4. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    You got a splash.. that is the way all my splashes that I have looked when they were born. The brown you see will go away. And I see a couple dark spots. The rest of the dark spots will come. What a beautifu fuzzy butt.
    Congrats. Do you like him/her?
    What nice pics also. cj

revised as I could not spell this morning

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Thanks a million CJ, I love him/her! This baby is a sweetie, and already so beautiful. I am going to enjoy every day watching it feather out and grow up. The other baby is definitely black, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pair. They're sweet and calm, and we're working on getting them friendly. They currently live in my bedroom...

I already have a black silkie cockerel, but he's got a really long back and his crest isn't looking like it's going to be really large, and I'm thinking I don't want to use him for breeding. He'll just be my pet. So I'm anxiously watching and waiting to see what these two babies are and how they mature.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by