Silkie chick colors?

Apr 7, 2021
Hello all! I have a broody silkie that hatched out 3 eggs so far, with more to come! Now; she’s hatched out one EE egg ( obviously adopted) and two purebred silkie eggs. I’m new to breeding silkies, and would like help figuring out which colors they would be as adults!

I have 2 silkie Roos, 1 white and 1 buff with white leakage. Along with 4 hens, 1 white, 1 black, and 2 buffs. Not sure which egg came from who, or who mated with who. Thanks in advance!!

chick #1 pretty sure this is blue or black
19554C8B-64ED-4B4C-85F6-22249FB480FE.jpeg

Chick #2 I have no clue with this little baby!
7A8FDB73-971C-4521-B9C0-20A1A81D3D1B.jpeg

Silver partridge is more grey and barred than your chicken looks now. On a silkie the barring is all smudgy and mottled. She will have had a stripy chipmunk pattern as a chick. I can't see that from your photos. I suspect yours is just a non standard mixed colour, but is very pretty nonetheless.

Yous appears to have too much white, and its head is not dark enough for partridge, but its still young so more adult feathering may change how it looks.

Here is a typical silver partridge silkie I lifted off an internet image search for you to compare. I have a gold partridge hen and she looks identical to this except brown based rather than grey.

Screenshot_20210911-091404_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think chick one is blue. Chick 2 might be lavender/self blue but it almost looks like I see a little buff showing through? Maybe a blue with buff leakage or a white with buff leakage? Their appearance may change greatly as they get older. So pretty!
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like they’ll be very pretty birds!

Back
Top Bottom