1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie chick mixed with what?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LivReigns, Oct 7, 2016.

1. LivReigns

LivReigns Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2016
    North Carolina
    I have two painted silkies that I've had for about 2-3 months. The hen went broody and was on four eggs. Unfortunately, three were snatched and I brought the last remaining one in here to hatch in my incubator. It just wasn't safe outside. The baby hatched, and clearly is only part-silkie. I can't figure out who the father is. She was only in with the rooster, though I've had occasions where other chickens have managed to get in their section. I have a painted silkie rooster, a white silkie rooster, a blue-black cochin rooster, an Alsterier rooster, a black Swedish rooster and a D'Uccle rooster. I'm just not sure what the other part of this baby could be! The baby, whom I've named Tweeter, is a little over 2 weeks old now.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    You can rule out the silkie and cochin roosters that's for sure.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by