Silkie Chick Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    If anyone can stand to see more baby silkie pics, well here they are. My two little boopers are seven weeks old today. Wondering daily whether i have baby roosters or pullets. Anyone care to hazard a guess? Also, still no names, although i'm thinking of calling the white one Snowball.

Please ignore the mess in the background. Working on pen revamping, and the little kids are just out in an aviary for the day. Their permanent address is still our spare bathroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The End!

[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Very cute. I would guess black is a rooster and the white is a hen. Not 100% though.

ETA: I like the Showgirls in your avatar. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  3. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    *dies of cuteness*

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    awww! keep posting pics, I don't have silkies and so it's great to live vicariously through you and your babies!

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    OMG !!!! What cuties !!!! I also like the butt pic, what cute butts silkies have, LOL !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    So cute! I was going to guess both are pullets, but I was more certain about the whitish one. Tough call on the black one.

Jody

7. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Very nice silkie chicks. Did you hatch them. Nice foot feathering.

8. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Yes, i hatched them from eggs i bought here from Tom of Kentucky Silkies. These are the puffiest silkies i've ever hatched . . . very happy!

So you all think the white one is a girl? i had been thinking rooster, as it's large and in charge. But now looking at the pics, i'm thinking girl, too. i hope so.

The black one is hard to gauge, as it's so dark it makes it hard to see the face. i probably have about another month until they make their gender known. Now i just need names. [​IMG]

9. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    They are so cute!! [​IMG]

10. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I can't sex chickens to save my life, but very cute!

Your white one looks like it has some slight coloring in the wings, is that normal for whites?

I just got my first white chicks and they have a similiar coloring to them. I'm HOPING they are all white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by