silkie chick pics

k625

Songster
12 Years
Aug 14, 2007
Florida
Here are my silkie chicks. They are about 3 weeks old now I think. Let me know what you guys think about sexing them at this age. I know its tough, but ANY ideas would be better than what I think lol. The coop in the picture is just about finished. Just have to put up base boards and put down sand tomorrow. I just wanted to let them out to have some fun!!

100_1338.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1341.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1343.jpg

lol thanks guys I appriciate it. These are my first chickens ever, and I am in love lol...thanks for the comments.

Do you have any more pictures of the blue one?

She kinda looks suspicious to me; not sure though. :)

Here's a pic of my roo at 4-5 weeks of age. (far right)

IMG_0496.jpg

He's now 16-ish weeks and started crowing about three weeks ago; but we really knew he was a roo before that because he did get huge wattles.

doctorgoose, your birds look very nice!! Blue bird being suspicious in a roo kind way?? I will have to take some more pics in another week or so.
smile.png

*Shrugs* sometimes I get "roo" feelings--I kinda had one about this one since I brought him home--I've had a bunch of silkie hens in the past, but never a roo before, I just notice they have a "pointy" look to them--but it's a silkie! Nobody will know until it crows!
big_smile.png

We have five, almost 16 weeks old Silkies. We suspected our first male a few weeks ago from his comb and wattles...he crowd, or atleast attempted it several times today.

At the time we realized he was well on his way to "roo-hood", I was excited about the possibility of 4 pullets. Sigh...a week ago, we spotted cockeral #2.
barnie.gif
It is really hard to sex them until they crow or lay an egg...

Back
Top Bottom