Silkie chick shaking head.

LittleCracker

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2022
My Silkie chick hatched on the 18th, and today it’s starting to shake its head. Do anyone of you guys know if it’s a disease or something that should be fixed?

And my other chick, which I don’t know the breed of, is randomly jumping up and darting around while flapping it’s wings. I’m pretty new to this so let me know if you guys know anything.

The darting and jumping is just playing around. It's learning to fly. Some chickens fly, they just don't fly good lol.

Can you describe the head shaking a little better. Is it side to side? Up and down? Is it scratching it's ear too? Is it after it drinks? After it eats?

My Silkie chick hatched on the 18th, and today it’s starting to shake its head. Do anyone of you guys know if it’s a disease or something that should be fixed?

And my other chick, which I don’t know the breed of, is randomly jumping up and darting around while flapping it’s wings. I’m pretty new to this so let me know if you guys know anything.
Welcome To BYC! :frow

Can you take a video of the Silkie chick and her actions? The shaking of the head?
Running, jumping and darting around sounds like your other chick is playing. You can get a video of that too!

Is your Silkie eating and drinking, active and moving about?

For video, upload to youtube or similar platform and provide a link. If your brooder has a red light, please turn that off and take video or photos in natural lighting.
Thank you.

Actually, the silkie stopped shaking its head. It used to shake it side to side but now it doesn’t anymore :] Thanks for the help though!

If you want, if it starts again, you can put Apple Cider Vinegar in their water. I find it clears up blocages.
Make sure the ACV you use has 'The Mother' in it. It's better.
That's the one I use.

Attachments

• 1642924864955.png
    1642924864955.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom