NW Chickadee

Chirping
Jul 11, 2017
Spokane, WA
I'm having an issue with my favorite little Silkie chick (why does it always have to be the faves!). I've had him for a week, drove 3 hrs to get them from a reputable breeder that I've used before and while with its mama, he walked fine. Once we got home and I put them in their new home/brooder, this started. He kicks his butt with his right leg when he walks. At first I thought it was the difference in bedding, something stuck on its foot, etc. but I've checked the foot, and him thoroughly, and have no idea - Does this look familiar to anyone?? I tried to attach a video but it wouldn't let me so I posted a screen shot and I know it's hard to see but you can see how high he lifts his foot backward (It's not always this pronounced, seems worse when he walks slower. Other than this, he's perfect - eating and drinking like a little dino, it doesn't appear to be getting progressively worse and his balance seems fine ❤️) I have a great video but don't know how to upload it. Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

IMG_1592.jpg

Back
Top Bottom