Silkie chick with wobbly head video

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CrazyFowlFreak, May 30, 2010.

1. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Any ideas? I'm treating her for cocci due to blood in her stool. But she's still bobbling her head slightly. Excuse my messy house. [​IMG]

2. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    i hate to bump this but help me help her please

3. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh my.. I happened upon this post as I was going to post a question myself. I found my year old silkie doing the exact same thing tonight. Except she didn't stop moving her head at all. Plus she is very weak- she fell over and couldn't get up.
    Has your silkie improved any? I do recall when my silkies were younger, they would sometimes do the head bob thing. It would only last less than a minute though. Is she behaving ok otherwise?

4. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    I've got her on Sulmet and game bird feed. Tonight I fed her scrambled egg. She seemed a bit better this morning and has improved throughout the day. She hung out with us and the company tonight, ate her eggs, sang to all of us and had some grapes. So far, so good. [​IMG] I wish you the best of luck with your baby. [​IMG]:

5. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Hopefully, it was just a silkie thing, and nothing serious. Sometimes they do act a little daffy. I am glad she is improving for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by