Silkie Chickens in MN?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by smilestan, Apr 7, 2009.

1. smilestan

smilestan New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    I have a small mixed flock of chickens, turkeys and peafowl that free range the yard. I would like to add a few of the silkies to my flock. I really like the splash color and the partridge. Was hoping to find a few to add to my farm and not have to pay an arm and a leg. I don't care what they look like conformation wise, just like the look of them. Also like the blue ones. Anyone near Hastings Mn have anything like this or might in the near future?

sincerely,

Sara L. Nelson

2. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    I'm an hour north of you and I have two pet-quality Silkies that need new homes. They have the wrong number of toes but they came from a really good breeder so they should get huge fluffy crests...etc. They are both white. $10 for the pair. They are about 5 weeks old.

[​IMG]

3. smilestan

smilestan New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    Awesome, we have goats [​IMG] We have dairy goats Nubians and Saanens. Are you looking for a pet I assume? Are all the silkies in the brooder white? Maybe we can work something out?

Sara

4. Picklestix7866

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    We are looking for a buckling that has been wethered. Our goat Cody needs a buddy. If you have something that we would be interested in, maybe we could work something out.

The only two chicks that I want to get rid of now are white. I'm sure once they get older and they mature a little more I'll cull out some more. I can't fit all 23 in my coop along with my chickens now plus 10 Call ducks, so I will need to start making some more choices soon.

Do you have a buckling that needs a home??

5. smilestan

smilestan New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    I am more than sure we can come up with a buck that could be wethered. In fact I have a real cute little Sable Saanen buckling or we have a Nubian too. They are not weaned yet. Will you have more silkie eggs going in the incubator? I am certainly interested, but would want more than two. Let me know what we can work out. Our bucklings usually go for 50.00.

Sara

6. Picklestix7866

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    These are the only two right now that I am willing to sell. The others are for my 4H project. I got them from another breeder in MN. I do have some Silkie eggs that I would be willing to give you for free. My neighbor also has a psycho rooster that he is trying to get rid of. Lol. I don't know if you would be interested in him. He likes to chase little kids. [​IMG]

If I can decide which Silkies I want to sell and which to keep, would you be interested in a partial trade for a buckling?

7. smilestan

smilestan New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    Yes, a partial trade would certainly work. We would wether the buck for you too. I don't want to pressure you to make any quick decisions. We can always do the trade and you can owe me some chickens or something, I am not in any hurry either. As I said, the baby goats are not weaned yet, and we don't force wean and then sell, they would need to be weaned for a couple weeks before we let them go to make sure they are eating well too.

Sara

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by