Silkie chicks in Alabama?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Hennyhandler, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I am wondering if there is anyone near Cullman, Alabama that has silkie chicks for sale. I am going to have at the most one chick that will hatch and she will need a friend. If you know of anyone as well please let me know as well. Thanks.

2. LuluGA

LuluGA New Egg

I live on the AL/GA state line near Ft Benning and found a farm in Harris County GA called Red Roof Hens. I just bought a silkie chick from them yesterday, if you're within driving distance then you can check out their website for availability. Good luck!

3. CMJordan99

CMJordan99 New Egg

May 7, 2012
    Steve Wheat in Tuscaloosa/Northport has great show quality Silkies in many different colors. We have gotten 3 hens from him and he is great. Our girls are super sweet and docile. They are also beautiful too! Go to thebantambarn.com and check out his website.

4. Arica

Arica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    Spokane Washington
    Hi well Iam getin my silkies from my pet chicken they mite still have some but you might have to try agin next year or try a different hatchery

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm sorry I missed this thread - we have a farm in far west ga - near Ranburne, Ala, I do have some silkie babies for sale ....If you are interested, please message me here. Silkies are available to see under my album here on byc and on various auctions. I have bbs, partridge, whites and also some buffs..... Cullman is not a far drive..... message me here if you want to schedule a pick up time... Thanks and have a blessed day.... Oh and here's one of the auctions for eggs - a few photos are here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ge-silkie-hatching-eggs-great-lines-diversity

Also we have a lot of pics in our Face book album The Garry Farm and my personal album there and Face bk album The Garry Farm Animals for sale

I have more photos in an earlier BYC auction and will try to find it for you later in the day. Please let me know if you need more photos!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. moomoodiddy

moomoodiddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    i have some for sale!!!?????

7. 1Pammylou

1Pammylou Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2013
    I live 20 min east of Birmingham and I got my 3 original Silkies from Steve Wheat at the Bantam Barn and they have been awesome chicks. However, I have been trying to get in touch with him for about a year now and I can't get him to return phone calls or emails. I have one black silkie rooster for sale. I am also trying to build my flock and would love to find some more Silkie hens for sale close to home.

8. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    How far are you from Mississippi?

9. chickentvforme

chickentvforme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2015
    Alabama
    I know this is an old post but b it would be great if we could keep it updated. I'm currently looking for some hatching eggs in the Birmingham area.

10. Hilly78

Hilly78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2016
    This is an old post but I have Partridge silkies and hatching eggs available in the spring such as April/ May.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by