1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie chicks in CO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ShysCreations, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

A Thanksgiving hatch has given 6 silkie chicks. They are dark & light blue, maybe a dark splash. They are doing very well on food & water. Considering only a local buyer, asking $4 each.

here is the image link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/17059_splash_blue_silkie_chicks2.jpg

Also
    are two 7 week old chicks, a buff & a silver, from a mixed color flock. My guess is the buff is a rooster and the silver a pullet. He has a bit more comb developing, she much less. Neither one has much comb but this age is hard to tell. Both have barring in the wings. For local purchase, $6 each.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/17059_silky_chicks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
  2. Mesa

Mesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    New Mexico
    Where in Colorado are you?

3. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Where are you located?

4. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

We are between Golden & Boulder.

5. emilyfrancis

emilyfrancis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    do you just raise silkies? I'm close by and interested in expanding my flock.

6. dgeter

dgeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Do you have any silkies left? I'm looking for one. I'd prefer a female if you have any. I'm located in Loveland CO. Thanks!! :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by