Silkie chicks? really? pls view!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kaitlyn_rae2003, Jun 12, 2010.

1. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Hi there! I have been dying for silkie chicks for awhile now, I finally got em! i bought 6 from a family who had what i saw were only silkies for hens, and roosters. Clean place, loved his animals, i felt good about it. Theses guys are adorable, and sweet too but the silkie chicks ive seen in the past have been poofy and very silkie looking, you know what I mean? take a look, are these in fact silkies? Thanks so much! They were with their mama, who was a silkie, so i know that much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Songster

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    yup you got silkies!! there non vaulted skulls but there still cute. nice colors too btw [​IMG] i love mine you will fall in love very quickly!!

3. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    looks to me like blues blacks and partridge [​IMG]

4. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Thanks a lot! Since you have silkies, when were you able to tell the gender of them? I hear its not quite so easy. lol, i know now is probably impossible, but are there things i should watch for? little signs one way or the other?

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Some I couldn't sex until 18 weeks or later!! [​IMG]

6. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Yikes![​IMG]

7. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    I can definatley tell roosters by 3 months and sometimes the "hens" turn out to be late boomers lol [​IMG] there my favorite breed of chicken!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by