silkie chicks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ellassilkies, Mar 5, 2017.

1. ellassilkies

ellassilkies Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2017
    Hi I was wondering if anyone had any day old silkie chicks (females) for sale around the NJ or PA area? Thanks

Ella

2. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Welcome to BYC Ella try the thread 'where am I where are you' and join your state thread, you may have some luck. I wish you well with your chicks when you finally get some. Sorry not much more help but live a bit far away.

3. ellassilkies

Mar 5, 2017
    Thanks so much for your help!!

4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

BYC has a buy-sell-trade forum, you may be able to find some chicks there. If you don't see what you want right away, keep checking back as things move on there pretty fast.

Good luck finding the Silkies you want!

P.S. From what I've read Silkies are very hard to sex so the right gender may not be apparent for weeks/months. Be prepared with a back up plan in case you end up with a male.

5. ellassilkies

Mar 5, 2017
    Thanks for your help!!

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Ella, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Hope you find the birds you seek!

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ella [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you all the best with your search.

You might also want to try on this Silkie Thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. ellassilkies

Mar 5, 2017
    i will have 3 female day old silkie chicks for sale for pickup the week of april 24 must be placed with ONLY other silkies cannot be used as food

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by