1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie Christmas Surprise!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by paddock36, Jan 1, 2010.

1. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    We found this baby the day after Christmas and figure she/he probably hatched out Christmas day. I got rid of my Rooster but let the hen keep her eggs just for the heck of it and surprise one baby hatched. [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Awww, what a great surprise. Too bad there isn't 2 or 8 more!! She is adorable!!

3. paddock36

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    That's true, but we were just as surprised because I didn't know when she started setting and didn't even know if any of the eggs would survive at all because the hen was laying everywhere. We kept collecting the eggs and putting them in one spot and finally she figured it out.

4. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

[​IMG] baby fuzzers!

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    What colro is the hen? Partridge? Red? She is cool looking! Congratulations on your baby!

6. paddock36

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    They are both blue.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How adorable is that! A Christmas chick. A proud momma too! Congrats! [​IMG]

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    oh, D'oh! now that you say it, I see it. The reddish is from the light. my bad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by