1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie Cockerals, and a couple chicks in Pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ajablu, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ajablu

ajablu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    I still have the Silkie cockerels from good lines available. One Splash and One Blue. They are about 4 and 5 months old. They have nice crests and foot feathers. They can be for the backyard flock or breeding to improve pet Silkie types. I also have available a couple chicks. They are from ideal and are pet birds. I have 3 lavender silkies chicks 8 weeks, 1 EE, 8 weeks and a D'uccle porcelain cockerel chick 8 weeks. I am near Hazleton, Pa and could meet in different areas around Hazleton if anyone is interested. I would like 10.00 each for the older Silkies as I paid 15.00 and 17.00 for them as chicks.
    I am asking 2.00 each for the chicks, or 5.00 total if someone wants all 5.
    I can post or email pics to anyone interested.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Is your EE a cockeral or pullet? I live in Bloomsburg not to far away.

3. ajablu

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    Gin,
    I am not really sure. They were bought as pullets from ideal. For some reason I find the EEs very hard for me to sex. I have 6 months olds and they never crowed or layed any eggs. I am still unsure. I see pics of hens and I think ok mine look like this. Then I see someones pic of a cockerel and they look like them to me. You would be welcome to look if you wanted or I could post a picture.
    Michele

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Michele,

I am still interested in the lavender silkies, but I couldn't get any service on my cell to call you. Would Saturday work for you for us to pick them up?

5. ajablu

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    Silkieluver_07
    Nov. 1st? We should be home.
    I lose cell service in some areas around here too. Especially driving through mountains. I had a PM also asking about them so I just got here now. I noticed the check your inbox before coming here. Let me know if you would like to see them.

Michele

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Could you please send me your address? Or maybe we could meet somewhere? I'm not familar with the area. If you have pictures that would be great also. [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Michele,
    If your EE is a pullet and you have a photo, I'd be willing to trade your roo for her [​IMG] Any chance?

8. ajablu

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    Sterling and Silkieluver , I will try for pictures tomorrow . I dropped my digital camera today and the lens fell out. I think I am going to need a new one [​IMG]

Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by