Silkie cockerel crows allll day!

Victinag

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2020
This rooster is about to drive me bonkers. He literally crows all day. I mean, he takes little breaks. But for the most part he's obnoxious sun up to sun down. His girlfriend is currently broody, and Tuesday will be day 21( she's sitting on 13 eggs🤞) but this has been going on for a while, more so recently, but well before she was broody. I'm honestly surprised that someone hasn't called the police, since we live in town( and I think we aren't supposed to have a rooster in city limits🤫) Is there anything at all I can do to make him stop?! Possibly important info: He's a big chicken- literally- he's scared of everything. When I go out to tell him to shut up, there's usually a squirrel or birds in there stealing their food. Or maybe he's just bored? I only have the 2 chickens, and she's obviously preoccupied. Help?! Any advice is much appreciated!

CaliFarmsAR

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 26, 2019
Wow!! That’s a good bit of egg your hen is one and a lot of crowing from a rooster! Maybe your rooster is just like: I’m going to be a daddy!!”

Egg Snatcher

Crowing
May 11, 2020
Get him a crow collar.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 4

gimmie birdies

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
Keep him in a sleepy box at night, let him out when you are ready to have him crow, then put him back at night. (Sleepy box I use is a nest box with a door.) and crow collar.

Top Bottom