Silkie color Question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KKluckers, Dec 7, 2007.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    This girl came from a mixed flock from a guy on the other board. Is she just a mixed color or a actual color that is reconized? What gender do you think she/he is? She is almost two months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Looks like a buff X blue maybe. I don't believe that is a recognized color, but would have to get the standard book out to be sure. I would guess pullet, but silkies are a tough call until they lay an egg or crow. [​IMG]

Jody

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I just love her....well I hope its a her. She follows me around my grow out pen. Its really cute.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I think her color is very pretty. Some of the nicest looking birds are from crossed colors in my opinion. I hope she turns out to be a little girl for you. She sounds very sweet.

Jody

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't that the color Partridge?

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    No, way too much blue in there. I agree blueX buff or possibly blue X partridge. Also, looks like a pullet so far, but silkies are tricksters...

7. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    yep I agree...either the bluexbuff or bluexpartridge....But I must say that think SHE is beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by