Silkie color?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L0rraine, Jul 1, 2010.

1. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    This chick is just hatchery quality, but I'm wondering if there is an opinion on color? The other two chicks are definitely buff with some black bleeding through, but this one has LOTS of blue intermingled with the buff except in the chest area. Anyway, I'm awfully fond of her and hoping she'll just be 'something different' in my little flock. Recently added two lovely (show home raised) Silkies, so hopefully chick quality and color should be more predictable next season. (I was needing a few chicks for one of my broodies to raise and couldn't wait for the new ones to come through for me.)

On a side note one of the three chicks (not this one) has a very distinct rose comb bump already so I'm a assuming he's a he, but the other two are just smooth where a comb could be - girls? I know it's too early to tell in the Silkies. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Partridge/blue partridge maybe???

3. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    That's what I was hoping [​IMG] - looks like I may have posted this on the wrong thread though ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by