Silkie Coloring Identification Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilChickens2, Jun 5, 2016.

1. LilChickens2

LilChickens2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2015
    Crozet VA
    i have two boy silkies but not sure on what their coloring is? One looks buff-ish, but not sure if he is a true buff or mixed. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    There is a thread somewhere on this wonderful website called 'Silkies of a Different Color' so search for it and post on there for some expert help. Be warned - you will want more colors after seeing all the beautiful birds on there!

3. LilChickens2

Nov 20, 2015
    Crozet VA

I'm not sure that's the right/best thread. I see people asking questions about coloring but people answering in return seems few and far between.

4. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Does the second one have black round it's neck? I'd call them Buff Columbian if he does. But I have no idea if that's what they'd be referred to in Silkie circles. They sure are pretty. Sorry I can't be more help.

5. LilChickens2

Nov 20, 2015
    Crozet VA

Thank you! I don't know if that is a recognized color but actually he does have some black around his neck. I have heard some silkies called that color you so that is a good starting point for me. Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by