Silkie Coloring Identification Please

LilChickens2

Songster
Nov 20, 2015
Crozet VA
i have two boy silkies but not sure on what their coloring is? One looks buff-ish, but not sure if he is a true buff or mixed. Any guesses?

There is a thread somewhere on this wonderful website called 'Silkies of a Different Color' so search for it and post on there for some expert help. Be warned - you will want more colors after seeing all the beautiful birds on there!

There is a thread somewhere on this wonderful website called 'Silkies of a Different Color' so search for it and post on there for some expert help.  Be warned - you will want more colors after seeing all the beautiful birds on there!

I'm not sure that's the right/best thread. I see people asking questions about coloring but people answering in return seems few and far between.

Does the second one have black round it's neck? I'd call them Buff Columbian if he does. But I have no idea if that's what they'd be referred to in Silkie circles. They sure are pretty. Sorry I can't be more help.

Does the second one have black round it's neck? I'd call them Buff Columbian if he does. But I have no idea if that's what they'd be referred to in Silkie circles. They sure are pretty. Sorry I can't be more help.

Thank you! I don't know if that is a recognized color but actually he does have some black around his neck. I have heard some silkies called that color you so that is a good starting point for me. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom