Silkie colors and gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieTime, Dec 2, 2010.

1. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    This first one is 4 months old that came out of BBS pen that also had lavender and lavender spliits in the pen. She said she did not have partridge but I saw one on her page and one other was clearly partridge and I sold that one to a BYC member. This one I liked and still do but not going to keep it if it a cockerel, and the color is all over the place. What color is this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2. This one is also 4 months old cockerel. I breed and hatched this chicken from a light partridge hen and splash rooster. I like the colors of him and the nest pullet pictured will not stay. Is this a blue partridge or off color? Very nice chicken but have know need for him. a shame.
    [​IMG]
    3. This is a 3 or 4 month old that I really think is a pullet and is this also a blue partridge? Colors are off but I have seen this color called partridge or blue partridge or is this just an off color too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think the one on the bottom is Blue Partridge. I have a few like that also.

I like your rooster!

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Yes, she is a blue partridge.

Type-wise, the first bird looks best; unfortunately a mix of genes as far as variety goes.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    calico roo
    partridge roo
    blue partridge pullet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by