Silkie Colors

cmkell

Hatching
Jul 6, 2017
Ok, I have 2 black silkie hens and 1 black silkie roo. All of the color charts I have seen said I will end up with all black silkies...Surprise!!!! I have so far, 5 black, 3 white and 2 blue?? Wondering if anyone has any insight to why/how I could have ended up with the different colors. I don't care they are all so cute but am just curious. Thanks :)

I am sure mine are black. They are very very dark. I'm not for sure if the babies I have are blue. They are a grey color so I'm not sure if it's blue or possibly a different color???

Thank you!! I always come to here to read other people's questions and I had a question this time for myself to ask :) Yes, the chicks were born yesterday and she has hatched a few today and still more to come :) I will try to get a pic and post it of the babies.

I would hang onto them however there are 12 so far and 12 more eggs still to hatch...that's a lot of babies to hang onto. Lol. I need to find homes for them I just have no idea what color to post the blue/grey ones as...

I do have other chickens but they are separate from my 3 silkies. The silkies are in their own covered coop...

Back
Top Bottom