silkie colors?

henney penny

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Northern Maine
I have silkies and love them.My question is this, could someone please pst pictures of all the colors of silkies?I ordered off ebay buff and blue and they hatched yesterday,how do you tell blue from gray?I have white,partridge and one black.Not sure about the colors blue,porclien,lavender and splash.What am I looking for in those colors do they show up at birth or later when they have all the adult fethering?

this bird is gray
38899_dsc05084.jpg

this is splash
38899_100_0695.jpg

this is blue
38899_100_0830.jpg

Quote:
If you ordered blue and buff eggs, you don't have to worry about getting any of the other colors you mentioned. Blue hatches as a dark color, looks almost black. Buff hatches as a darker brown color. You could also get splash chicks out of your blue eggs depending on what was mated to produce the eggs. Splash chicks hatch as a yellow-ish with a gray tinge.

Lavender and porcelain are very rare colors and eggs for them go for a pretty penny.

I have chicks due to hatch and I have a few Lavs in there.
fl.gif
I will post photos of them for color reference. My lavs were purchased at a month old, so I'm not even sure what color they will be when they hatch! I did hatch a porcelain, and she did actually look porc after a few days as I recall. If anyone has photos of day old lavs I would love to see them!

Chris

Porcelain
50420_porhenchina.jpg

Young Lavender
50420_lavpullet.jpg

Thanks for the compliment!

That photo looks a little black to me too. I didn't realize that the splash had a brownish tinge, very interesting.

Thats a cute photo of the buff! The photo below is the result of a lav roo and I believe a black, not sure. Is this gray?
It has a true lavender undertone so I'm not sure.

Chris
Still waiting on my chicks.........

50420_blacksplitpullet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom