silkie coop renovation...lots of pics...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dwegg, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

I renovated my LF coop/run into two separate silkie coops with separate runs...pretty good for someone with absolutely NO skills don't you think...

Here is my original coop I built for my LF girls...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This it now...i just framed it in, put windows in and new runs for my silkies...it also has lights...inside and out!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the silkies chicks side of the new coop...sand floor inside and out in the run and a box of shavings that they all sleep in
    [​IMG]

This is the older silkie side. It is smaller inside because their run is much larger outside and they spend all day outside...a LF barred rock lives with the silkies as she grew up with them and they all use the small roost to sleep on...
    [​IMG]

part of the outside run for the older silkies...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The silkie chicks outside run...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my LF girls yard that is totally covered by hawk netting and thick roses....

[​IMG]

The run also goes all the way down along the fence and is covered by thick very thorny roses....
    [​IMG]

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Very nice job! [​IMG]

I'm not gonna show these pics to my birds cuz they'll want to come live at YOUR place!

3. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    NICE! Its very cozy and safe looking for all your chickens. Thank you for the pictures (visual ideas that will be filed in my brain).[​IMG]

4. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks guys! I actually needed to make my coops easy access, easy to clean, quick to set everyone up in the mornings before work...and make the silkie coops dry, warm for winter, open and cool for summer, safe from day and night time predators...

we are trying to have a baby this year and i needed to make my chickens easy to care for but also them to continue to have the best quality of living...and so i can still enjoy them

5. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    Your coops and runs are so nicely done! Best of luck on starting a family.

6. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Wonderful! What a lot of work!!

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Very nice dwegg !!! Looks like you wont have any problem at all keeping things in order.

8. kakhan

kakhan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2012
    Pakistan
    Beautiful.

9. 1chicken fan

1chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Canby, Oregon
    . If u want to come to Oregon u can come work on my pens, lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by