Silkie coop

LALADY1101

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Lake Charles, LA
Can ya'll post pics of silkie specific coops? I have silkies and a brown leghorn girl in the same coop now, but I have 16 silkie eggs on the way and 3 leghorn chicks on the way. I'd like to build a coop just for my silkies. I'd like some ideas for this coop. Thanks--Shannon

Im interested in some pics too. I really would like to get silkies this spring. I have seen quite a few coops on here for silkies before but I cant find them now.

THanks!

My silkies don't roost - i've tried to no avail!!

I'm currently building a new silkie house away from my other hens and will post some pics soon!!
big_smile.png

I think Silkies are the MOST BEAUTIFUL. And why do they need a special coop. A Chicken
coop or a small barn would be a fine home for all. Love my Silkies.

Quote:
My big girls in the big coop freerange all day no run. I am building a seperate coop for silkies with a nice big run as they need more protection from predators. I also have a stream running thru the property that they could drown in very easily if they were running and fell in. My coop is not done yet or I would sho pics

We have a Pond next to our Barn. Our Silkies stay in until noon. Weather permitting we
let them roam into a fenced in yard all around the Pond. The do not venture in the water.
They walk all over no problem.

We leave a small door open adjacent to the Pond and at Dusk they all go in. I go down and
close the small door.

We are researching an automatic door opener....just in case we are not at home in time ...the door will open and close automatically. Aria

Back
Top Bottom