Silkie cream legbar mixes

Maybe
If they are first generation crosses (1 pure silkie parent and 1 pure legbar parent) the pullets will all have a single copy of the blue egg gene. Their eggs will be blue/blueish-green.

If they are second generation or later crosses, you have at best a 50% chance of a blue egg.

Best thing is to try and find out the parentage/history of the birds in question.

Maybe
If they are first generation crosses (1 pure silkie parent and 1 pure legbar parent) the pullets will all have a single copy of the blue egg gene. Their eggs will be blue/blueish-green.

If they are second generation or later crosses, you have at best a 50% chance of a blue egg.

Best thing is to try and find out the parentage/history of the birds in question.
as far as i know both parents are pure breed and its first-gen :)

Just wondering what colour eggs you got. I’m thinking of hatching some cream legbar (hen) silkie (roo) eggs. Wondering what I should expect. Also wondering if they will be sex link?

Just wondering what colour eggs you got. I’m thinking of hatching some cream legbar (hen) silkie (roo) eggs. Wondering what I should expect. Also wondering if they will be sex link?
Unfortunately they havent been seen around here since Oct 2020. I think that cross would be sexable by leg color but not 100%

Back
Top Bottom