silkie cross colors????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Missouri chick, May 26, 2008.

1. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Has anyone crossed colors with silkies? What colors did you cross and how do they look? [​IMG]

2. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    I've been wondering the same thing. I saw one website where they let all their silkies interbreed, and they had some different looking birds, but not super nice looking. Can't remember what site it was though.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Somewhere on this forum there is a chart that someone wrote out about what color crossed with another color produced a certain color. Of course, if you don't know what color the grandparents are to start with, it could cause a dilemma.
    I can tell you in another year when I let my now hatching Silkie chicks cross up but that doesn't help you now.
    Maybe there is something on the Fluff n' Stuff website. It is a wonderful Silkie site. Melanie has beautiful birds.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have one I bought from Bobbi Porto that is called a porcelain. It's the prettiest little thing she is white & a cream color.

5. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    I would like to have a Silkie crossed with Ameraucana so it lays Easter colored eggs and looks like the fury Easter bunny too. [​IMG]

6. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I havent crossed silkie colors before. To answer the thing about easter egg silkies, they have blue egg laying silkies in AUS.

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Here's a pic of my silkie x ee pullet from Tom (kentuckysilkies). He has a very nice flock of mixed color silkies.

[​IMG]

8. black404

black404 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    what is ee?

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    easter egger aka americana

10. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Poison Ivy- All of my silkies are also from Bobbi. I am a little bit further up in the state than you. Shes a really nice person, and knows her chicken stuff lol. She has really good stock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by