1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

silkie cross sexing.. pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by flowerchicks, Sep 25, 2011.

1. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    I have 2 silkie x that are 10 weeks old. Because they are silkie crosses, I am posting pics of their parents, since I think it may help in sexing the chicks.

The first is a d'uccle x black silkie. This is my 2nd chick by these parents, the first turned out to be a roo and I had to re-home him. I am really hoping this one is a girl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This "it's" brother from last year, about 11 weeks. [​IMG]

This is "it's" parents when they were between 3-4 months old. [​IMG]

The other one is a cohcin/silkie x blue silkie. I know this one is going to take longer to sex, but I thought I would give it a shot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    both chicks
    [​IMG]
    this is the daddy [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is the mamma [​IMG]

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    i say 2 gals [​IMG]

3. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    Oh, I really hope so. I had to get rid of both their dads, and the brother (who ended up getting killed along with all the other chickens), and I have no more roosters. This is their "legacy", so to speak. They are very sentimental chicks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by