Silkie Crosses! I'd enjoy your pictures!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bowiebenson, Jun 15, 2010.

1. crazy chook

crazy chook Songster

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    This is Rastus, My silkie x

[​IMG]

I was not sure what he is cross with but i think a RIR.

2. bowiebenson

bowiebenson In the Brooder

May 30, 2010
    Nevada
    Quote:Yes The silkie feathering is recessive so all the F1 chicks should be normal feathered.

Most Silkie crosses are normal feathered and have some degree of leg feathering, and may or may not have dark skin, a crest/fuft, and beards.

This is one of my silkie mixes, she is either a Silchin or a Silk Brah, not sure which, I bought her as an adult. She has smooth feathers, dark skin, and a small tuft and no beard. Those are BCMs chicks that she hatched.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/37373_100_4471.jpg

And then I have another black Silchin pullet that is from a White Silkie hen with a Mottled Cochin rooster and she is Smooth featered and feather legged, DOES NOT have dark skin or a tuft, but DOES have a beard.

That is a beautiful bird.. i have a few up and coming cochin and blue black buff and white silkies so I should have lots of options next year! Something to shoot for!

3. crystalchik

crystalchik Songster

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Dont have any pics right now, but I got a Silkie and Old English cross...looks like a super mini silkie! Its so cute! It looks JUST like a silkie (besides missing feathers on the middle toe and an odd looking comb), nice top knot and poofy tail, but its the size of an Old English!

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Silkie/Seramas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some neat Silkie/Cochin crosses about 7 weeks old, now. I'm hoping they'll grow up to be good broody hens. [​IMG]

5. bowiebenson

May 30, 2010
    Nevada
    Anybody else? These birds are awesome.. i just hatched some oeg/silkie and they all ended up with 4 toes, one has feathers feet and almost gray skin and they have a 50/50 peacomb and single....

the rir/silkie ended up 3 of them, 5 toes,all peacombs, all light skin... hmmmm interesting!

6. jackrooster

jackrooster Songster

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    Rufus...... Silkie X ?

[​IMG]
    Nyomie Silkie X Polish mabey not sure?

7. Crack N' Egg

Crack N' Egg Songster

Jul 29, 2009
    Flemington, NJ
    I love seeing all the mixes!! My Black Silkie Hen is sitting on some eggs. I have a large SLW roo. Can't wait to see what the end result will be![​IMG]

8. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trudy, Natalie and Blair. Birchen-ish cochin roo over buff silkie hen.

9. bowiebenson

May 30, 2010
    Nevada
    Quote:So pretty, I want one!

10. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Quote:Those are truly adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: