Silkie Crosses! I'd enjoy your pictures!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bowiebenson, Jun 15, 2010.

1. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote:How pretty! Its interesting that they didn't inherit the silkie crest/comb tho!

2. Scubadeaux

Scubadeaux Songster

Apr 24, 2010
    South Louisiana
    Here is the runt from my first hatch

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    A mystery to me... [​IMG] mixed with what. [​IMG] Has little to no tail feathers, and feathering in so weird.

I wanted a surprise, and I got it!! [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:OMG Those are AWESOME Send them to meeeeee !

4. Quote:with the feather coloring and the no tail sounds like a true arucana/silkie mix...though those crazy feathered legs and feet make me think some duccle!

VERY cute though!

5. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Quote:How pretty! Its interesting that they didn't inherit the silkie crest/comb tho!

They all 3 have straight combs and 5 toes. 2 have black combs and wattles and the third has a red comb and wattles. All three are broody at the moment, Trudy hatched out 10 cochin eggs and the other two are sitting on more cochin eggs, though they keep swapping nests so I'm not sure how successful they are going to be.

6. chicky_mama

chicky_mama In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    Holly Hill
    My 11 year old just got a silkie x frizzle cochin chick.......breeder called it a sizzle............so my daughter's name for her......"Bacon". I'll post a pic of her later today....hehe

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I LOVE YOUR CHOOK'NS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. catwalk

catwalk Songster

May 19, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Silkie x Cochin. Bred her back to a Silkie, and got two chicks. One has silkied feathering and a little walnut comb, the other has smooth feathers and a single comb.

9. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:I LOVE YOUR CHOOK'NS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lol, we call them Chilkies or Sochins.

The friend we got them from has some more right now. One is black with white lacing around her neck and chest. I think it is the prettiest one yet.​

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle

Lol, we call them Chilkies or Sochins.

The friend we got them from has some more right now. One is black with white lacing around her neck and chest. I think it is the prettiest one yet.

You shouldn't have said that! It's gonna drive me insane now! I want it!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: