Silkie Crosses! I'd enjoy your pictures!

bowiebenson

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Nevada
I have crossed a white silkie roo with a OEG hen and a RIR.... anybody know what I should expect? some are just hatching now... of 4 OEGcrosses, 2 have a pea comb and 2 have a single! no black skin or 5 toes though! Anyone have pictures of thier silkie mutts to share. Id love to see all of the possibilites!

Silkie/Cochin mix hen
21433_dsci0773.jpg

Silkie/Cochin mix pair
21433_dsci0840.jpg

21433_dsci0843.jpg

21433_dsci0842.jpg

That first one is a good looker..... the others have closer to the silkie look! is that first generation? I read someplace that first generation would have normal feathers so i assume not but you never know who is writing the things i read!

I hatched a chick that was red silkie roo X rir hen. It has some rir looking feathers but its more of a buff color. It has a single comb. It has 5 toes and featherd feet. And its skin is mostly like a rir but has somr black skin. Sure is interisting!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes The silkie feathering is recessive so all the F1 chicks should be normal feathered.

Most Silkie crosses are normal feathered and have some degree of leg feathering, and may or may not have dark skin, a crest/fuft, and beards.

This is one of my silkie mixes, she is either a Silchin or a Silk Brah, not sure which, I bought her as an adult. She has smooth feathers, dark skin, and a small tuft and no beard. Those are BCMs chicks that she hatched.
37373_100_4471.jpg

And then I have another black Silchin pullet that is from a White Silkie hen with a Mottled Cochin rooster and she is Smooth featered and feather legged, DOES NOT have dark skin or a tuft, but DOES have a beard.

Last edited:
theres one in back that looks like a cross with something blue! Great looking bird! i love the all white ones... its hard to keep mine clean though... but when they are, watch out hahahha!

I do have mixed silkie pics!

These were a Splash Silkie Male x Rhode Island Red Female

All had black skin, 5 toes, normal feathering, and crest and beards. I had 3 hens and a male.

7208050.jpg

682008011.jpg

682008009.jpg

682008014.jpg

7208036.jpg

7208042.jpg

7208046.jpg

I love em'... they're great little birds... I've got one that lays an olive egg! And a couple that lay a pink-ish egg... These little crosses are some of the most popular with my customers here in central SC...

Back
Top Bottom