Silkie doing weird after friend silkie died and a friendly pecking on me from another chicken

mellinda

Songster
7 Years
Jun 24, 2016
Hello,
We're a week i believe after my sweet silkie died from salmonella and severest degree of enteritis like i posted in another toppic.. Fluffy seems the only one affected by her loss... The biggest chicken, a bleu de Landes, now tolerates her to sleep at her stick under her Wings, just like my dead sweety tolerated with fluffy (while she was smaller than fluffy) when she still was alife... Yet fluffy seems to have developped a behaviour management after my silkies dead... She's very angry at the 2 other chickens, not on the biggest one she sleeps with ( the same that was and acted as a Guardian for fluffy and my dead girl). Fluffy's constantly running Mad after the others and giving one chicken that's twice the size a really hard time, that one is so scared of her now she stiffens from fright if she sees fluffy near... Aside that, she's still looking for my dead girl and calling her at the same Intonation these two used to specificly call out for eachother.... At the same time, she is asking a lot more attention from us like petting and cuddling... Anything i could do to make her more at ease?

I also got a question about the Guardian and bleu de Landes chicken her behaviour. Im the only family member that she pecks on. It happens always if i kneel down. It aint an angry pecking but a soft pecking at my sides and mostly back. She aint showing signs of agression but sings while she does it. What does it mean?

Sincerely

She's not drinking sigh... We went from home 4 days, missy Fluffy is breeding eggs and not drinking and her crop is hard as a stone and overheated sigh.... She had 7 eggs under her.... We put a plastic injaculator with water in her beak.... Even her crop feels extremely warm... Is it safe to do crop massage?

Back
Top Bottom