Silkie down! right foot hurt

chickNjake

Songster
11 Years
Sep 3, 2008
east tn
I have a beautiful blue Silkie roo I got from a show a month ago, and It's still in the Quarentine coop with 3 hens and a polish rooster until we finish the coop that was supposed to be done 3 months ago!

I went out today to see him sitting outside and I went in and he wouldn't move, I 'nudged' him and he just hobbled around until he just sat down again. I moved him to the water and he's eating and drinking
smile.png

I've decided it has to do with his right leg somehow, he just won't walk on it, he keeps the foot curled up under him. I don't really know how he hurt it, the other rooster's never bothered it, but I guess that should be my first guess. And if it matters it does get below freezing at night From this description I know no one can give me a diagnosis but just tell me what to do! I've had this happen before and it never ends well! the pics don't really tell you much but people become more interested with pics. thanks!!! -Jake
click to enlarge

I didn't find any breaks (like I would be able to tell lol) no lacerations i could see I'm wondering if it's in the hip--?

speparate him to a warm temp stable draft free area... warmth can do wonders to help the heling process. Roos should not have layer feed.

Back
Top Bottom