Silkie/EE/Cochin chick sexing

Thanks so much! I really hope it's a girl! I've been checking for signs of wattles coming in and I haven't really seen anything so far, but like I said, the noticeable comb (although more yellow than red or pink), was starting to worry me. And it's definitely not as large or brightly colored as your handsome boy! Definitely gives me hope at least.

Pics of #3

Silkie/EE Mix
This is the least friendly/most skittish of the 4. Nothing about it's behavior strikes me as more hen or roo per say. It's somewhere in the middle of the pecking order.

This is my "head honcho". Whatever this one does, the others follow and do the same. If any of them have more of a roo personality, it would definitely be this one! I swear it's not afraid of anything. It was the first one that decided that I wasn't scary and became a "lap chicken". It's the only one that I can pick up and actually carry around without it fussing about it. It was also the first one to make "big girl" noises instead of just peeps. Sometimes it sounds like a pterodactyl... which is pretty comical. It's always the first one to inspect anything new and to get food or treats. It tends to stand up tall most of the time, but has very small comb and wattles.

Frizzle Cochin.
I'm thinking this one is a silver pencilled, in which case it has the pullet coloring? It's low man on the totem pole for sure and very affectionate. It has more of a typical hen personality and stays low to the ground rather than standing up high. The red comb and wattles are throwing me off though.

Silkie/EE Mix
I think this one has typical EE pullet coloring? No red patches showing in the wings so far. Also very small, flat black comb.

Idk why this posted so jumbled... the head honcho comment is about the white one. And excuse the gunk on their beaks. They just had some yogurt. Lol. Also, they're 12ish weeks old.

Thanks so much!!! I'd be so happy if I lucked out with all ladies! I've been somewhat leery to get too attached since I'd have to rehome any Roos. I'm in town and they're banned. Although I'm completely attached at this point anyways. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom