Silkie eggs bearded splash/blue/cuckoo choose how many you want!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chellester, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Bearded Silkie hatching eggs to ship from northern CA. Splash and blue parents are from show quality lines.

I strive to breed my silkies for the best possible traits- good toe spacing, full crests and beards, nice foot feathering, dark skin, blue ears, and vaulted skulls.

Hatching eggs are no older than 2-3 days old when shipped and are stored in a cool room. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap to insure the best possible shipment results.

$15 for 3+ extras, $20 for 6+ extras, $25 for 9+ extras, and $30 for 12+ extras; these prices include the shipping costs and a delivery confirmation number.

I accept PayPal, check, or money order. My PayPal address is [email protected]. If you choose to send a check or money order, I will consider it a pre-order for future eggs and not send them out until I receive the check or money order so the eggs will be fresh.

Please PM me if interested; first come, first serve! Please post any questions you have here so they can be answered for everyone.

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blue Rooster

[​IMG]
    Splash Rooster

[​IMG]
    Blue Hen

[​IMG]
    Cuckoo Hen

[​IMG]
    Head shot of light blue hen.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I got eggs from her!! She packs them wonderfully and sends extras!!!! I just got them yesterday so I now have 21 days of waiting for my babies!!! [​IMG]

Chellester thank you again for the eggs! I can not wait for them to hatch!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Chellester
    I sent you a pm hope you dont mind

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Here are some pics of silkie chicks that I got out of eggs from chellester. They are just great. The pics really don't do them justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd love to have some of your eggs, and I'm also in California, which makes shipping a bit less stressful.

However, I'm not interested in white silkies. Are you at all interested in selling me eggs just out of the Blue/Splash/Cuckoo pen?

I would/could take either 6 or 8 or 12 or whatever would work for you.

And, if my even asking seems rude, please accept my apology in advance.

Susan

6. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    i have a question whats a cuckoo silkie and does anyone have pics?

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:The chick on the far left in the chick pics I posted is cuckoo. Chellester also posted a pic of a cuckoo hen. It is hard to see in my pic the cuckoo pattern but you can see it in hers.

8. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    ooooooooooooo ok so how many breeds of silkies are there? i know these
    black
    blue
    splash
    buff
    red
    white
    bearded
    showgirls
    lavender
    cuckoo (now i know)
    partridge

i know i'm missing a few can someone tell me the rest?

9. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Yes, I can do this- I only have one pair of whites breeding at the moment, so the majority of eggs are coming from my blue/splash/cuckoo pen anyway.

I can do 6+ for $20, 9+ for $25, or 12+ for $30. Just paypal me at [email protected] and pm me to let me know how many eggs you wanted.

Thank you very much! [​IMG]

10. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:The only color I can see missing is what is called a Calico. It looks like a regular splash, but has orange/red mixed in too. This color is not yet recgonized as a standard color for silkies (btw, neither is the cuckoo color, but I hear it is in the works).

Bearded isn't a color or separate breed, it is a trait that a silkie of any color can have- they can be bearded or unbearded. Showgirls are a breed all their own- they are essentially silkies with naked necks. I have only seen showgirls in white; I do not know if they come in any other colors.

Can anyone else add to this list?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by