Silkie Eggs Candled At Day 17**** UPDATED W/DAY 18 PICS!****

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Faerytalefarm, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:looks fine to me

3. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm not very experienced at all...so don't go by what I say. But it seems that by day 17/18 almost my whole egg is full except air sac. It seems like theres an awful lot of room...but really I'm not knowledgeable at all. but they do look healthy and the air sacs seem right. I also usually do darker eggs so that might be why.

4. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:looks fine to me

Thank you! Lol, all these threads I keep reading were making me paranoid. I appreciate your taking the time to respond... [​IMG]

5. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:Yep, I was thinking a few might be slow developing. Might be if my temp was a degree or two low for a still air. I'm hoping by tomorrow night they will all look fairly similar in size...

6. ~goingcluckcrazy~

~goingcluckcrazy~ Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    I would personnaly put the humidity up a little.... They look a day or two slow.... Don't be worried If they hatch a day late [​IMG]

7. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    ~goingcluckcrazy~ :

I would personnaly put the humidity up a little.... They look a day or two slow.... Don't be worried If they hatch a day late [​IMG]

I'm raising the humidity a bit. I agree a few of the ones in the pics look a little behind. Most of the rest look further along, do you think
    It will hurt the slower ones to be in lockdown on day 18 (tomorrow night)?​

8. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if the air sack is small its because the humidity was to high and some look a little small but since you are going into lockdown on the 18th day raise the humidty. i will raise mine to 65-70%...i am new to incubating so idk if im right or not [​IMG]

9. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:I kept the humidity around 40% up to today, day 18. Tonight I will raise it to 65%.

10. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Good luck!! It will be the longest days of your life!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by