Silkie eggs--easter egg colors?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Shared Acres, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Who knows... perhaps SilkieXEEs

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    When it comes to chickens........ ANYTHING CAN BE LEGIT !!!!!! Sounds interesting !!!!!

The silkie in the pic looks like a silkie (from what I can see) I wonder if the rooster is an ee ??? Hmmmmm.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I think it would be fun to have little tiny colored eggs! No matter what they really are! Too bad my bator's full.

5. Hi!
    Sure, they could be legit.
    I have 2 silkie feathered hens here that lay green eggs.
    If I were going to bid on that auction, I'd ask that the seller send all green eggs (no brown/pink ones).
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

They could be legit, but they certainly wouldn't be a pure bred bird. If you choose to buy them, make sure you dont have any expectations for them, other than being a pet...

7. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    I "won" these same eggs earlier this year. Hatched out 17 of 18 on July 10th. Most of the eggs were pinkish.... none very blue or green.

We have 2 without the silkie feathering....black skin, 5 toes though.... think they are getting beards, too....very pretty birds, and several with the wrong number of toes or wrong comb. So if that is important to you, don't go for it. Otherwise, they are cuties. We even got one pure white. The others are partridge, blue?, and mix with red. They are not laying yet so don't know what they will lay.

M

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by