Silkie Eggs~Humidity Question PLZ :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickens4jojo, Aug 10, 2008.

1. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I have some buff Silkie eggs in my incubator..do they need less or more humidity than "regular-size" eggs because they are smaller??

THey went in yesterday & I can't seem to raise the humidity beyond 34 to 37 though! [​IMG] But maybe my Accurite is off~~I just don't know. I have a Genesis 1588 & have filled the middle pan like the manual said. Maybe it is alright though??

Thanks for any help you may give. I'm so excited about possibly getting some really pretty little ones in a few weeks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Does the Genesis have vent plugs that you can put in to close the vent? That may help keep the humidity up. Also you can wet a NEW sponge and put it in there, that usually helps too. I raise silkies and showgirls and keeping the humidity at 50% has worked good for me. Good Luck and make sure you post pics when your little cuties hatch! We LOVE to see pics! [​IMG]

Lisa

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Thanks so much for your help! That is really good advice...I am off to put a sponge in there. I will also try to figure out how to post pictures here if I get some little chickies!

I am so excited about them.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by