Van Meter, Iowa
Hooray! So eggcited! Paypal sent!
big_smile.png

ChooksinIowa

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Van Meter, Iowa
Eggs arrived in great condition! I shared 6 with another Iowa member and she gave me a FAB rooster in return. We will see how the hatch goes. Thank you for the careful packaging and prompt shipping!
Claire

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
How is Rosie settling in BTW? and was the 6 compartment cage what you expected? My flock seemed a little lost today but one of my millie roos is stepping up to the plate as alpha.

Eggs are all snuggled in the bator - I can't wait!

ChooksinIowa

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Van Meter, Iowa
Rosie is deeply interested in my red rescue hens. So interested, he has now plucked most of the neck feathers from one of them. I may need to separate her for a while! He is clearly sowing his wild oats! His crowing is cute - he really does sound like a party horn! I haven't introduced him to any of the other roosters. Just from his size, I would expect him to be alpha here...

The 6-compartment cage needs a good rubdown with a bristle brush but it's perfectly functional. It will be good for separating birds who are injured or unwell, and also maybe for broody hens. I would have to transfer their eggs though. It will also be good for transporting birds when needed. I think it was worth it. We also got a great rabbit hutch thing that is perfect for banties. I will have to send a pic.

Glad to hear your Millie is taking on the brave role of head roo! :)

Top Bottom