Silkie eggs

roamingchick

Songster
6 Years
May 15, 2014
Steuben County NY
Ok I have gotten silkie eggs from three sources and yes I am a bit upset when I say that I am paying good money for unfertile eggs?
2 sources shipped yes from ebay :(
1 was local pick up... Tell me how do I get silkie eggs that are fertile??
Just tired of paying $30 and up for eggs to put in bator and get nada!

They might have been fertile but sometimes people save eggs too long and hatching shipped eggs is a roll of the dice

:( then why charge so much if seller is not doing all they can to ensure buyer is getting good fertile hatching eggs I am just bummed as I want to hatch pure nice birds but tired of paying for eggs that never even vein...

I bought 2 dozen from a local guy who assurred me his hatch rate was 87%. Only 3 developed and fortunately all 3 hatched. Its very frustrating. I totally understand!

I buy silkie hatching eggs from a BYC member. I've got some cute babies and more in the incubator right now. Let me know if you want the sellers info. Sorry, that's really frustrating, I'm sure.

I would like it!
The silkies come from Garry Farm, in Georgia and her name is Nancy, BYC screen name: bargain. She usually has listings in the buy/sell/trade section. My first order was only six eggs. She sent seven. 5 out of seven were fertile, but only 3 made it to lockdown. I just started a batch of 15 more from her, so I don't know how many will develop yet. This is an excellent article that you must read for incubating and hatching shipped eggs. They require different treatment then local eggs. Good luck!
https://mbasic.facebook.com/notes/f...beth-white-via-cheryl-shires/548615281826504/

Thanks for the article, I can't say shipping didn't play a role but, one of three batches was not shipped, and I could say it was my incubation methods but one batch was under the hen.
I guess when they didn't develop at all really upset me, especially for what I paid for them!
Particularly the batch that was to be painted silkies I paid the most for them as I wanted them so badly. Now I have no silkie chicks.

Thanks for the article, I can't say shipping didn't play a role but, one of three batches was not shipped, and I could say it was my incubation methods but one batch was under the hen.
I guess when they didn't develop at all really upset me, especially for what I paid for them!
Particularly the batch that was to be painted silkies I paid the most for them as I wanted them so badly. Now I have no silkie chicks.

If you are still interested when my girls pick up laying again, I'll send you some eggs. I've never shipped eggs and would like to give it a try. I have 34 baby Silkies in my brooder atm and about 25 more eggs in the incubator. I'm getting 100% fertility right now.

ETA: I also have paints.

Last edited:
Oh yesiam
If you are still interested when my girls pick up laying again, I'll send you some eggs. I've never shipped eggs and would like to give it a try. I have 34 baby Silkies in my brooder atm and about 25 more eggs in the incubator. I'm getting 100% fertility right now. ETA: I also have paints. [/quote I am interested! Woo hoo! I can not tell you how badly I want these chicks! I have successfully hatched shipped eggs like last week I hatched a couple polish and a couple Milles

Back
Top Bottom