SILKIE Experts, how are my three new hens? PICSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SilkieCRZYness, Oct 29, 2009.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    These are my three new girls. The two splash are 7 months and the black is 1.5 years old. What color rooster should i pair with this girls, black, blue or splash. I know splash on splash will dilute the color after a while. Maybe a Blue roo? Thanks for all the opinions, be honest, your not gonna hurt my feelings![​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    I am not an expert but I just had to post to say that I think they are beautiful!! [​IMG]

3. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    THANKS, i love them, sort of paid for them...dearly....hahaha atleast i guess thats what most non chicken lovers in my family are telling me HAHAHA, oh well. I bet all silkie lovers on this board or chicken lovers in general understand what i mean how most think im crazy haha. there like a drug...addicting!

4. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are these some of Bobbi Porto's birds?

Very nice.

5. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    No, these all come from up north outta state. I have some of sunshine Silkies chicks in my brooder and I'm setting up a transaction with Bobbi Porto as we speak. So hopefully I can start a nice quality flock and sell eggs and chicks eventually![​IMG]

6. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

They will be fabulous!!

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, they are gorgeous! And i'm sure they are well worth what you paid. Better to pay more and get exactly what you want.

As for the pairing, i will leave that to the experts on this board. i'm just getting started with breeding myself and don't know exactly what i'm doing. [​IMG]

8. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh my they are beautiful!!! [​IMG]

9. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Great looking Silkies, Congrats. You did good and forget what anyone else says.

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They look great to me! I especially like that first one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by