1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie eye issue

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bappl, Mar 30, 2016.

1. bappl

bappl Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a young silkie chick (still has an egg tooth young) that looks like her cheek fluff has got in her eye. I've done warm compress on her eye but I can't seem to get the fluff out. It's not her third eye lid because I've watched her blink. This started yesterday and I still can't get it. I'll put neosporin on it after i get it out, but i don't know how to get it out and need help! I watched them (I have 4) and she stayed in one place, crying, and not running, playing, or eating or drinking. Advice needed please!! I've had them for a total of four days now. And the fluff isn't loose. The other end is still connected to her cheek or at least that is what it looks like.[​IMG]

2. bappl

bappl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Try some QTips, and saline to flush the eye. Go ahead and use some drops or ointment in the eye.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by