Silkie-feathered EE---PICS update

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by EMaker, Sep 28, 2011.

1. EMaker

EMaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    We have a nice surprise from the group of three EEs we picked up at the feedstore a few weeks ago...one white EE pullet chick has Silkie feathers! And blue legs, too. SO cool! She's quite a fuzzy little looker! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Is she full grown and Silkied or a baby with odd feathering? Any fifth toe, dark skin, slight bump on the head, crest, ?

3. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Most interesting! Could be the start of a second color of Silkied Ameraucana??

4. EMaker

Aug 19, 2011
    Quote:Nope, she's a 4week old chick with solid white Silkied feathering. (I have Silkies, so I know her feathering is indeed comparable, it appears to be real Silkie feathering and not just odd/unusual feathering). No fifth toe, no dark skin, no vaulted-looking head, no crest. Nothing else that says Silkie about her. Blue legs, Silkie feathering, but otherwise a typical white peacombed EE pullet chick. Super cute, too! [​IMG]

5. EMaker

Aug 19, 2011
    Quote:There aren't any other white silkied EEs? I'm sure there must be, I doubt I have the only one out there. She's not an Ameraucana, though; she's a hatchery EE. [​IMG]

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:Gee, you tease us like that and NO PIC?! [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There's the Splash Silkied Ameraucanas, beyond that, there's people who keep saying they want a Silkied EE but I've yet to see someone with one. I think it is because most people wishing it probably don't know how to juggle recessive Silkied feathering and keeping the blue/green egg at the same time.

8. EMaker

Aug 19, 2011
    Quote:Gee, you tease us like that and NO PIC?! [​IMG]

My camera died a month or so ago, but I'll try to get my friend to visit with her camera. I'll post pics asap. [​IMG]

9. EMaker

Aug 19, 2011
    Quote:Ahhh, I didn't realize that. Well we've yet to determine what color egg she'll produce, but she is peacombed, so perhaps it'll be blue. Time will tell, if all goes well. Also, her skin appears to be white, not yellow. She's a sweet little girl.

10. EMaker

Aug 19, 2011
    So, the looming question (for me) is; if I want to breed this girl someday, to try to make more white silkie-feathered EEs, to whom would I breed her? I don't have a white silkie feathered EE roo...dilemma.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by