silkie feathers

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bantambury, Sep 26, 2013.

1. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    I have two roos, one Japanese bantam and a white silkie. they are both 4 months, and live with three other birds. there is only one jap bantam, rooster, two unknown breed birds, hens, and there is my silkies, white and splash hen and rooster.

I have noticed my male silkies feathers have been a bit 'messed up' and there picked at and seem to be ruined. I have no idea if it is my jap bantam doing it, for he s rather mean to the silkies.

can anyone tell me how I can get his feathers back to normal? I see so many silkie pictured with gorgeous silkie feathers but my silkie seems to be far from that.

also, are silkies a more picked on and quiet breed?

PLMK!!! thanks guys!

[​IMG]just cause I loved this picture!

[​IMG]my jap bantam cadbury

[​IMG]the flock (the RIR roo is not included)

[​IMG]my hen (see how her tail feathers are a bit scraggly?)

[​IMG]my hen

[​IMG]my roo and hen. ( see how my roo's wing feathers are froopy and sort of missing? and my hens feathers are a bit scraggily, but I think hers may be fine)

[​IMG]my roo's messed up wing feathers (in white)

[​IMG]wing feathers messed up

[​IMG]see his wing feathers? when I pull open his wing it looks like the feathers have been stripped off the middle of the feathers!

[​IMG]I love this picture!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by