Silkie foot injury

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sevensilkies, Oct 22, 2016.

1. sevensilkies

sevensilkies New Egg

Oct 22, 2016
    Hi, I have a 7 month old silkie that has been limping for probably 4 months. She eats fine, gets around with a severe limp but fine, and gets along with others. I be been looking for bumblefoot and any sores injuries etc. Today I found this. It is on her left foot and left of the farthest left toe. It's not on the bottom of foot. Anyone recognize what it is or what I should do? [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, sevensilkies, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Sorry to hear about your Silkie. I don't know that to be classified as bumblefoot it has to confined to the foot pad. I'd think any bottom of the foot/toe region could develop bumblefoot symptoms. On the other hand, you said she's been this way for four months. Seems like bumblefoot would have done her in by now. :confused:. I think the best thing to do would be to post in the ER Forum here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
    Hope the folks there can give you their thoughts. Best wishes!

3. sevensilkies

sevensilkies New Egg

Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you. I actually just checked it out again and it seems it may be a toe that isn't fully formed? I'll try there [​IMG]

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so sorry to hear about your hen though. Do you have any standard size roosters mating with her? I hope someone else can chime in as to what is up with her! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by