Silkie & Frizzle get picture with Santa @ Petsmart !!!!!!

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
I couldn't resist. Someone had a post asking if anyone ever took their chicken into Petsmart, and then I saw the ad for pictures with Santa. So, we took the dog, and 2 chickens to see Santa. They were so well behaved!!! Even with a bunch of dogs running around. Everyone wanted to see what was in the crate, and when hubby took the silkie out and was holding her-the reaction from the people walking by was priceless. She was a huge hit. Everyone wanted to pet her. Most people had never seen anything but "normal" chickens. It was really cool!!

10705_santa2.jpg

10705_santa1.jpg

Oh how adorable! They look like they are having fun ...Santa looks unsure hahahahaha

I bet they were a hit at PetsMart...heck people do not often take chickens inside. I love it!

The chickens were good. They didn't poop on Santa. The dog, however, started to poop in front of the door ( luckily, I had the chickens, hubby had the dog, I pretended I didn't know them).
When we walked to the picture area, they asked what was in the crate. I said " Chickens", then turned the crate so they could see. Silkie was in front, frizzle was hiding in back. They loved it. They thought it was cool. Santa even liked it, even though he looks nervous. I think he was worrid the chickens would fly, and the 8 dogs standing around would give chase. The dogs were all to busy sniffing at each other to even notice the chickens.
The people around were asking questions, and petting the silkie. Everyone who walked by , their eyes got big, they got smiley faced, and said " Is that a chicken?"
So it was cool. I just know there will be quite a few people going home and saying " You will never guess what I saw today in Pertsmart!!"

Back
Top Bottom